Bylaws Feb 2019 – Click Here
- Any member who wishes to speak on a particular issue should contact the President of Republican Women of Purpose at least twenty-four (24) hours, one (1) day in advance in order to be included on the agenda.
- A Ten Dollar ($10) memorial donation shall be sent from this Club to the Shelby County Republican Headquarters upon the death of a member or of a member’s husband or child.
- Members of the Board of Directors shall receive all Minutes, the Treasurer’s Report, and the Assistant Treasurer’s Report, from the President, no later than 24 hours prior to the applicable meeting by electronic mail.
- Members in good standing shall be eligible to receive a Directory of the members of the Republican Women of Purpose on or before June of each year.
- The Republican Voice will be mailed or emailed to members who have paid their dues as of April 1 of each calendar year. The name of any member who has not paid their dues by April 1 will be dropped from the mailing list.
- The Minutes, Treasurer’s Reports, and Directory of Members are, and shall remain, the property of the members in good standing of Republican Women of Purpose. These records are for the sole use of such members and are not to be distributed or reproduced, electronically or manually, for the use of any other person or entity.
- RWOP President or her proxy shall attend all State Board Meetings, State Biennial Convention, National Biennial Convention, and Shelby County Republican Party Steering Committee Meetings.
- Any reimbursement request must be accompanied by a receipt and proper documentation. Expenses outside the budget must be approved by the Board.
- The Program Chairman shall prepare and forward the program information and speaker’s bio to the Newsletter Chairman, the IT Chairman and the Public Relations Chairman no later than the Monday before the Board meeting.
- The Public Relations Chair shall prepare a press release and submit it to the local media prior to each Luncheon Meeting.
- Board Meetings are limited to Board members only, unless a member or guest is invited by the President to attend.
- All correspondence from our club must be first approved by the President.
- If a member, candidate, or guest wishes to distribute printed campaign materials or other printed materials, cards, invitations, etc. at one of our RWOP meetings, they must first have made their request and received approval by our president at least 24 hours before the meeting.
- The General Membership meetings of RWOP are luncheon meetings and require a reservation for lunch which must be made in advance and are guaranteed. Members and non-members will be billed for reservations not kept. Attendees without reservations must wait to be seated until space availability has been confirmed by the Luncheon Chairman. When space availability is confirmed, the Luncheon Chairman will collect the cost of the luncheon and direct the attendee to their seat. The Luncheon Chairman will determine if the attendee without a reservation can be accommodated.
- The President-elect shall work with the Planning and Development Committee to arrange the Leadership Training meeting for all members of her incoming Board of Directors.